Sick Fluid Sensors
SICK sensor solutions for industrial automation are the result of exceptional dedication and experience. From development all the way to service: The people at SICK are committed to investing all their expertise in providing with the very best sensors and system solutions possible. From the simple acquisition task to the key sensor technology in a complex production process: With every product from its broad portfolio, SICK offers a sensor solution that best combines cost effectiveness and safety.
For Level, Pressure, Temperature or Flow applications - SICK offers a wide range of solutions for process engineering, storage and protection. Depending on the installation, characteristics of the liquid or solid, and ambient conditions. SICK provides a comprehensive product portfolio and a high level of expertise for more efficient processing.
In Particular the TDR Level Sensor LFP is a hygienic level sensor forliquids using TDR technology – a process for determining the time of flight of electromagnetic waves. The time difference between the sent pulse and the reflected pulse is used to generate a level signal, both as a continuous value (analog output) and a freely positionable switching point (switching output). The use of robust FDA-compliant materials like stainless steel in an EHEDG-certified design means that the LFP guarantees optimal, unrestricted cleaning, even for the highest hygiene requirements. Its modular connection system allows simple and flexible installation in any application. Thanks to high temperature and pressure resistance, unrestricted use is possible under CIP and SIP conditions. The communication capability via IO-Link to the superordinate control units rounds off the profile.
At a glance;
• Level monitoring in hygienic applications
• Manually cutable monoprobe up to 2,000 mm long with Ra ≤ 0.8 µm
• Process temperature up to 150 °C, process pressure up to 16 bar
• CIP/SIP resistant
• High enclosure rating IP 67 and IP 69K
• Interchangeable hygienic process connections
• 3-in-1: combined display, analog output and binary output
• Analog output 4 mA … 20 mA /0 V … 10 V, switchable, plus two binary outputs
• Robust design increases service life
• High flexibility due to retractable probe and interchangeable connection concept
• Cost savings thanks to multiple output signals: one system for level detection and continuous level monitoring
• Maintenance-free and quick to commission, saving time and costs
• No calibration or recalibration required for commissioning, thus saving time and costs.